Saturday, April 17, 2010

What If They Gave Avengers...And Nobody Cared?



The Secret Avengers were finally revealed this week and...well...to be honest, who cares? The reason I say this is that the new team Beast, Nova, Valkyrie, Moon Knight, War Machine, and Steve Rogers could be the most lackluster superhero team since The Champions (remember them? Marvel team with Hercules, Ghost Rider, Iceman, Black Widow and Angel).

I mean seriously, Beast? Nobody even cared about him as an X-Men, especially in recent years. Nova? Yeah, talk about your second stringers. Valkyrie? Who? Moon Knight is cool but how many times has Marvel fucked that story up. War Machine I like and I dig Steve Rogers but I'm bummed he's not part of the new relaunch title (they're sticking with Bucky). Collectively The Secret Avengers just lays there, nothing sparks when you see them, even when it's leaping into action. Here, check the cover.




Anyway, maybe it'll Kick Ass, but I just don't see it. Oh and just for shits and giggles here's The Champions Issue #1

No comments:

Post a Comment