Tuesday, April 6, 2010

HARRISON FORD To Saddle Up Against Aliens?



A long time ago a graphic novel came out called Cowboys And Aliens that was literally selling for 75 cents as part of the promotion for it. I picked the book up and read it, didn't care for it and forgot about. Now, years later, it's becoming a hot property in Hollywood. As of right now Jon Favreau is directing the movie version with a script by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci and Damon Lindelof. Most folks expected Robert Downey Jr. to star but as of now Cowboys And Aliens cast features Daniel Craig and Olivia Wilde and is expected to open on July 29th 2011. This much is certain, or at least as certain as thing can get in Hollywood.

Now there is a rumor over at Latinoreview that says Harrison Ford will be starring in a comic book movie that's being directed by somebody just off of a comic book movie. The only thing that remotely fits that bill is Favereau's Cowboys And Aliens so I'm assuming Harrison Ford is jumping into this movie. Good for him, he needs a solid movie to help him back after the crap fest that was Indiana Jones And The Crystal Alien Bong.

The movie itself is about, well, Cowboys And Aliens and to be honest I don't care much about the movie other than the cast seems pretty cool. This was one of those books I didn't hate or love so a movie version rates on the same scale to me as do I like black pens or blue ones. The only thing I hope, though I know I'll proven wrong, is that it isn't shot in goddamn 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment