Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New STAR WARS Comedy Show Confirms That George Has Lost It



We all know that George Lucas took a large throbbing spiked cock he lovingly referred to as Episode I-III and rammed it down the crying throats of our inner child, that's old news. What isn't old news is that Lucas apparently continues to come a bit unglued every single day, making more and more ridiculous decisions for his already much molested Star Wars Properties. This week old George Porgie gave the green light to a comedy show based on the Star Wars Universe.

I will repeat that.


George Lucas has given the okay for a comedy show based on the Star Wars Universe. Here are the details, which I warn you choke down like a Ghost Chili smothered in hydrochloric acid.

Lucasfilm Animation is developing a new animated "Star Wars" TV comedy series. Daytime Emmy and Gemini Award-winner Jennifer Hill ("The Backyardians") will produce with Todd Grimes ("Back at the Barnyard") directing. Brendan Hay ("The Daily Show") will be among the writers and Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, creators and executive producers of "Robot Chicken," will have "creative involvement." Project marks the second "Star Wars" skein created by Lucasfilm Animation. The first was "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," which premiered in 2008 on the Cartoon Network. Series is currently in its second season. No start date or network for the comedy skein have been announced.

All I can glean from this is that Lucas is now willing to do anything he thinks might turn over a buck for his studio. I'll be wicked upfront about it, I never thought Robot Chicken was that funny and outside of maybe two skits involving Star Wars the rest of the "Star Wars Robot Chicken" thing was as entertaining as playing keep away with an armless kid suffering from Down Syndrome. On a side note every time I look at Seth Green I want to punch him in the face. I guess after Old Dogs there was no choice but to trust his creative genius.

I digress. I'm guessing since Robot Chicken has sold well on DVD and kept an audience that Lucas figures why not add one more helping of shit to the pile Star Wars fans are still eating. The other reason I think he's willing to lend out Star Wars to anybody who might turn a buck is recently Lucas turned down Genndy Tartakovsky's request to make a Han Solo and Chewbacca cartoon. Why? That makes sense, that's a rich and fertile storytelling environment that with cool animation could lead to something awesome for the fans.

Nope, not George, he's gonna go with kooky comedy. I suppose we should all be glad he didn't ask Seth Macfarlane who also spoofed Star Wars on his so-awful-I-want-him-killed show Family Guy.

You think you feel bad? I have fucking Star Wars tattoos.

I hate everything

Thanks to TOPLESS ROBOT for details

No comments:

Post a Comment