Monday, July 26, 2010

SDCC I WASN'T THERE WRAP UP #6: FUCK THE RED HULK



I can't think of a bigger Marvel misstep than the Red Hulk. Seriously, what a hunk of red shit we've had to content with for two FUCKING years. I should have known this would happen with Jeph "I Royally Fucked Wolverine" Loeb at the helm but I kept hope alive and ended up with a huge throbbing red veined Hulk cock in my ass for issue after issue. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse it did with War Of The Hulks, one of the most convoluted and horribly written series ever. Now comes the news that the Red Hulk will join the Avengers.

Well fucking shit pants golly golly gee ain't that good news. So far the new Avengers (that's new as in the new launch not new as in the New Avengers) has been hard pressed to find it's footing and somehow I don't see adding the big red garbage heap as a way to solve that problem. Oh and apparently the Red Hulk is really Thunderbolt Ross though I have no idea how that works since I stopped reading the thing in order to not blow up Loeb's house.

The only good news in all of this is that Jeph Loeb is finally stepping down as the writer of the Red Hulk. I don't know who is replacing him and to be honest I don't give two good goddamns about it. First off I know any kid with a crayon and a 3rd grade imagination can write a better story than Loeb has but I doubt that even if Alan Moore stepped in he could undo the damage heaped on us by this abomination.

No comments:

Post a Comment