Tuesday, September 8, 2009

RAMBO IS BACK AND THIS TIME HE'S FIGHTING...UH....WEREWOLVES?



So with the success of Rambo IV it was just a matter of time before there was a Rambo V and above is the teaser poster for the next film. It came along with this description of the film:

The story involves a secret U.S. military installation where they are doing experiments to create "brilliantly instinctual killer soldiers that have no qualms about taking life." And when things go wrong, Rambo is brought in with a Black Ops squad to hunt, capture and kill these chemically engineered creations.


OK so I'm fine with the fact that Rambo has gone way off the reservation since First Blood. Rambo started out as a just a man and ended up a superhuman killing machine...OK, I can roll with that. What I find unnerving is that after a film like Rambo IV which did a nice job of bringing at least part of what made First Blood good back into the franchise Stallone would then burn the reservation down with this idea. It feels like when Baywatch tried to cash in on the X-Files popularity by making Baywatch Nights where The Hoff battled aliens and vampires and shit. I'm not comparing Rambo to The Hoff just the idea of bringing in Sci-Fi elements out of nowhere.

What unnerves me is that this sounds really cool to me and the poster with Rambo standing in front of what looks like a werewolf is even more kick ass. I guess I've long since separated First Blood from the "Rambo" movies. First Blood was a real film about a real character with actual dramatic impact. Rambo II-IV are like comic book movies, big and stupid and fun to go to. With that in mind who doesn't want to watch Rambo square off against mutant werewolves?

Sign me up!!

1 comment:

  1. What comedic genius came up with this gem. Okay, I'm sold where do I sign.

    -Buddha

    ReplyDelete