Thursday, September 17, 2009

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE...ANIMATED CRISIS FROM DC



At this point DC has a perfect record for their animated work. Across the board they have managed to capture the spirit and legend of the characters they animate without fail. This fall DC is releasing Superman/Batman:Public Enemies and I'm fucking salivating for it. Today a few images (the one above for instance) were released from the next DC Animated film titled Crisis On Two Worlds. Here's the plot and voice talent for the movie.

In Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, a “good” Lex Luthor arrives from an alternate universe to recruit the Justice League to help save his Earth from the Crime Syndicate, a gang of villainous characters with virtually identical super powers to the Justice League. What ensues is the ultimate battle of good versus evil in a war that threatens both planets and, through a diabolical plan launched by Owlman, puts the balance of all existence in peril.

All-star voice cast led by Mark Harmon as Superman, James Woods as Owlman, Chris Noth as Lex Luthor, William Baldwin as Batman,Gina Torres as Super Woman and Bruce Davison
as the President.

While it sounds cool (and like a Grant Morrison story) I'm a little wary of this one. It's the same feeling I had when I saw the Pixar trailer for Cars, like this was going to be the first chink in the armor. Perhaps it's that I'm fucking OVER the multiple-worlds angle or maybe I'm just feeling burned by the flaming shitpile that was Final Crisis. Whatever it is I'm nervous about this one, I hope I'm wrong. Sadly I have to wait until 2010 to find out.

Oh yeah and here's a shot of Owlman (one of the bad guys from the other world)

No comments:

Post a Comment