Thursday, September 3, 2009

NEW BOONDOCK SAINTS II TRAILER



After years of talk and innuendo the long awaited sequel to cult classic The Boondock Saints has finally spit up a trailer. In the interest of full disclosure let me be the first to admit that while I enjoyed the Boondock Saints I was one of the few people who didn't think it revolutionized cinema. It was a cool story with some nifty action and some awesome dialog but at the end of the day it wasn't any better than any other movie just like it. The one thing it did have was the jaw-dropping awesomeness of Willem Dafoe's character. I would've paid to see a movie just about that guy. Anyway, here's the new trailer:



I don't know, maybe it's me but this doesn't look any good. Instead of a movie for a reason it just feels like an attempt to cash in on the unexpected cult following of the first film. First off there's no Willem Dafoe, which blows huge meaty chunks and removes about 1/2 of what made the last movie so great. Instead, in a typical Hollywood move, they've replaced him with a sexy "crazy" cop vixen. LAME!! I also tend to switch to red-alert-shields-on-full whenever a movie stars either Peter Fonda or Judd Nelson, this has both so Put All Systems On Alert Mr. Sulu.

This also feels forced, the dialog which flowed with such ease in the last movie seems to be being "written" as Boondock Saints dialog, an attempt to recapture magic that only happened organically and can't be repeated. Who knows, this may be the greatest movie ever made but for right now I'm still unconvinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment