Tuesday, July 28, 2009

NEW RATS OF NIMH MOVIE?

Check out this little tidbit that's making the rounds today:


Paramount is developing a feature version of Robert C. O'Brien's award-winning children's tale "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH," says The Hollywood Reporter.

Director Neil Burger (The Illusionist) is in talks to write the screenplay, and former Walden executive Cary Granat is on board to produce.



Usually this type of news would send me over the edge with bitter hatred but this time I'm actually kind of interested in what could come of it. Don't get me wrong I loved the 1982 Secret Of Nimh to almost a scary point. I watched it as often as I could in the theater and when it came out on VHS (yes VHS, no jokes please) that was a big day for me. As much as I loved the movie I loved the book way more and the book is very different.

I'm hoping in making the new movie the filmmakers draw on the source material of the book and actually make that movie, that would be cool. Less Dom Delouise yelling "You've got a sparkly" and more of the plight of the rats of Nimh.

No comments:

Post a Comment