Monday, July 13, 2009

MOVIE NEWS THAT PISSES ME OFF

I've been trying to turn this blog away from being just movie updates because, to put it plainly, there are a thousand websites like that out there. Sites that regurgitate movie news and tidbits and so on. Even though I don't want to focus on that sometimes the movie bullshit gets me so ticked I have to say something. First off let me get the Green Lantern thing out of the way. I know Ryan Reynolds has been cast as Hal Jordan and I do have an opinion on that. You can read all about it over at Crave Online by clicking HERE. With that out of the way let's get on to some other things that kind of make me mad.






NATALIE PORTMAN IN THOR

This doesn't so much anger me as it continues to sour me to the entire Thor movie idea. According to director Kenneth Branaugh this Thor story won't involve Thor's human alter-ego Donald Blake so why involve a woman that was part of that storyline? If you're going to have it be all Norse Mythology why not have women in it like Enchantress or other Nordic goddesses? Why involve some token human female love interest? I get this uneasy feeling that this film will be a bad mish mash of Hollywood ideals, special effects and a vein attempt by Branaugh to make a decent movie. Not exactly a recipe for superior film making.







LET THE RIGHT ONE IN AMERICAN REMAKE


I was kind of hoping this wonderful little film would stay just underneath the radar long enough to avoid being remade by the hacks in Hollywood. Sadly that's not to be as the hack director who brought us the atrocious movie Cloverfield gears up to ruin Let The Right One In.

The original film is a quiet and beautifully layered movie about a bullied boy who strikes up a friendship with a young girl who happens to be a vampire. Though there is blood and violence in the film it's really more about codependency and the desire to have at least one person who understands you. I'm quite sure the American version will focus on the vampires and blood sucking but will tone down the end. Why can't the Hollywood scum just help get the film a large release instead of remaking it and ruining it?






THERE'S GOING TO BE A LIVE ACTION HONG KONG PHOOEY MOVIE.


I have nothing to say about this. Words fail me. I hate everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment