Monday, May 3, 2010

Sometimes Life Is So Rich: THE GREEN LANTERN SONG




Sometimes, sometimes, just sometimes life hands you a rich treater from the road that makes all the shit we deal with worth it. Today is one of those rare days as bestowed upon me is the "In Brightest Day" a song for the upcoming Green Lantern movie starring Ryan Reynolds. Don't get me wrong, it's not in the movie yet but grand dreamer and "musician" Gary Mitchell is hoping this grassroots campaign he's trying to pull off with this video for his song might lead to In Brightest Day becoming a theme song for the forthcoming superhero movie.

Mitchell has outdone the cheese factor here making "You're The Best" from the original Karate Kid movie seem like a Rush song. I also love how the video shows random and unnecessary footage of people doing "heroic" things (Yoga FUCK YEAH!!) juxtaposed with Green Lantern comics. As with the equally stupid "Miracles" by Insane Clown Posse I have listed my favorite lines from this shitstorm beneath the video. Dig it:




"Sailing Through The Sky On The Wings Of My Mind"

"There's no room for cowards when your uniform is green"

"Push past it and get over it and find your shade of green"

"Come The Darkest Hour Now At Last Beware My Power"


WOW, Life Can Be Soooo Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment