Wednesday, June 17, 2009

BLACKEST NIGHT PREVIEW (THE LANTERNS LINE UP_

Below is shot from a page in Green Lantern #43 which really kicks off the Black Lantern series. Now from having re-read everything Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps starting with Sinestro Corp Wars and the rumors I hear swilling about I'm thinking at some point Hal Jordan will put on all the rings Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Iindigo and Violet and become the White Lantern. From there I believe he'll defeat the Black Lanterns and also (in a heavy angel-religious theme) lead the dead into a place of resting. Here's the panel;





There are a lot of names on this and we already know that Martian Manhunter, Aquaman and the original Black Panther will be in the brood. If you look to the right you'll see the name Bruce Wayne listed which brings up the ongoing debate. Some say Bruce will return as a Black Lantern and at the end won't be defeated as much as vanish leading to more of Red Robin trying to find him. Other say DC won't bring Bruce back that quickly after all the ground work put out for Batman Reborn.

I have my own theory but I want to wait a bit to unveil it.

No comments:

Post a Comment