Friday, August 14, 2009

BRYAN SINGER TO RE-MAKE THE ALREADY RE-MADE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA BUT IT'S NOT A RE-MAKE OF THE RE-MADE VERSION...WHAT!?


THIS PHOTO IS PART OF WHY I HATED THE NEW SERIES.

Check out this tidbit of news:

"Battlestar Galactica" appears to be on a fast track and sources said that Singer could be looking at a $10 million paycheck to sign on to the film.

Battlestar_fleming Singer has long been intrigued with "Battlestar Galactica" and flirted with relaunching it into a TV series right after he directed the original "X-Men." Back in 2001 I wrote about his plan, which involved teaming with Tom DeSanto to exec produce the series. Singer planned to direct the pilot of the new version of a series that originally launched on ABC in 1978 and ran two seasons. Here is what he said at the time, comments that certainly proved prescient:

"The lesson I learned on `X-Men' is to have a healthy respect for the fan base of sci-fi fantasy franchises, and I'm confident that the `Galactica' brand is a sleeping giant. It was a show I watched during its initial run, from the pilot to the final episode. The essence and the brand name is quite potent in a climate where there's a great deficit of scifi programming."

It wasn't immediately clear whether [BSG remake creator Ronald] Moore would be invited to write the screenplay, but it is clear that Singer will put his own creative stamp on the project as the studio indicates that the film will be "a complete re-imagination."



So anybody who reads this knows that I'm not now nor have I ever been a big fan of the re-vamped Battlestar Galactica TV series. I found it to be tedious, boring and way too long winded as well as mired in too many religious themes and attempting way too hard to be a "serious" show. I was also ALL SET with the sexy Cylons which to me was a bullshit marketing ploy.

Cylons are big and clunky and say "By your command" through a vocoder that's only a half step away from the voice in War Games. THAT is what a Cylon is. Cylon's are NOT sexy blondes who speak in the dramatic whisper. I also hated the chick that played Starbuck and, well, the list goes on.

My dislike of the show aside it was critically acclaimed and did re-invent the series for many people. Based on that it seems kind of stupid for Singer who really needs a hit to be fucking around with trying to bring back the original series. I personally would love to see it but I don't think many others will. If Singer is smart he'll stick to trying to save his career with another X-Men movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment